Mr. Beau N. Beadel
December 2014 – Present
Computer Tutoring/Consultant & Personal/Virtual Administrative Services
- Computer tutoring and consulting specializing in Web development, delivery and virtual office support.
August 2012 – November 2014
University of Hawaii—Leeward Community College Campus, 96-045 Ala Ike, Pearl City, HI 96782
Instructor of Business Technology
- Taught online/hybrid/face-to-face and developed Business Technology courses of 15 credits for each of Leeward CC’s main terms to include: Business English, Business Calculations, Business Computer Systems, Records and Information Management, Introduction to Social Media, Managing the Virtual Office Assistant and Legal Office Terminology and Procedures.
Wrote two Perkins Grants and awarded the following:
- Introduction to Social Media: $48k awarded for the development of a new course for both online, hybrid and face-to-face delivery.
- Virtual Office Assistant Certificate: $58k awarded for the development of a new certificate of achievement program and collaborated with the other campuses across the Hawaiian Island chain to offer the certificate system wide.
- Collaborated with the Health Information Technology (HIT) program in developing the Records and Information Management course for HIT students.
- Served on Career and Job Fair Committee, Commencement Exercises Committee, and the Business Technology Program Coordinating Committee.
- Advised and recruited students in admissions, enrollment, and career choices aligned with the objectives of the Business Technology and Health Information Technology various certificate and AA/AAS degree programs.
June 2008 – July 2012
Carbide Tools for Industry, Inc., 1623 S. Minnie Street, Santa Ana, CA 92707
Manager of Marketing & Information Technology
- Managed a team of four employees.
- Reviewed, analyzed and assessed Web-based marketing trends for this tool and abrasive manufacturing company, Created and implemented a marketing plan, and Created marketing materials utilizing Adobe Master Suite CS3 software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Fireworks)
- Developed, designed and implemented an e-commerce Web site known as http://www.burrs4less.com and http://www.abrasivesaver.com utilizing WordPress, Dreamweaver, MS Visual Basic, Flash, HTML, Java Scripting, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools. Researched, wrote and published a manuscript “All About Burrs” retrievable at: http://industry.roundcircle.eu/2009/06/10/all-about-burrs/
February 2001- June 2008
Broward College, North Campus, 1000 Coconut Creek Blvd., Coconut Creek, FL 33306
Assistant Professor and Program Manager of Office Systems Technology (OST)
- Tenured Faculty Member: In accordance with the tenured faculty contract I developed and delivered face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses of 15 credits for each of BC’s fall and winter/spring terms the following: Computer Applications, Information Word Processing, Database/Records Management, Desktop Publishing, Computer Concepts, Telecommunications, Windows Graphics, Business Communications, Business English, Web Design & HTML and Survey of Programming Languages. I regularly advised a diverse student population in respect to their majors, courses and career choices.
- Office Systems Technology (OST) Program Manager: Reassignment and supplemental position in which I was responsible for all Florida mandated curriculum reviews and revisions. I chaired an advisory committee that recruited professionals from business and industry to review the curriculum. The advisory committee makes suggestions in supporting the college in creating and/or changing curriculum, which was aligned with current needs and trends of the workforce. OST programs are technology driven. It is necessary to upgrade and change software frequently that is up-to-date and follows current trends in business. The supplemental task required recruitment and advising new students for enrollment purposes of various Office Systems degree programs. This was accomplished by continual networking with private industry as well as creating a transfer program with DeVry University. Wrote grants for special projects in obtaining funds for purposes of creating combined curriculum courses known in higher education as learning communities.
- Online Course Development/Instruction: Commissioned to developed, design, and deliver Business Administration and Computer Science courses for web-based & hybrid delivery and instruction. Broward College utilized WebCT then later migrated to Blackboard as the Web based LMS.
- Faculty Instructional Technology Training Associate: Recognized by the college administration for my extensive expertise in technology, I was assigned to the North Campus to train, mentor, and support faculty in the instructional design and development of hybrid and online courses for most departments which included Biology, Social Sciences, Business Administration, English, Communications, Health Sciences, Computer Science and History.
- College wide Committee Work: Required by the faculty contract each semester I chaired and served on the Enrollment Services Committee, Accreditation Committee, Computer Technology Advisory Committee, Instructional Technology Committee and various Employment Selection Committees.
- SACS Accreditation Coordinator: College wide project managing the Self-Study office. BC was in the process of reaffirming the accreditation requirements of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). My tasks and responsibilities included: project management, design/implementation of a database, coordinating and attending several committee meetings, conducting periodical audit reviews in compliance with the SACS prescribed criteria and acting as a general source of information for all liaisons of the college. This particular position required me to interact and familiarize myself with every aspect of college operation, such as student support systems, faculty certifications, curriculum design, course delivery systems and fiscal/ budgetary requirements. As a result of managing and coordinating the self-study process and all facets of the college community working together, BC was successful in reaffirming its accreditation through SACS in the spring of 2002.
January 1992- February 2001
US Merchant Services, Inc., 1492 Holly Heights Drive, Suite 23, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Director of Information Systems & Systems Trainer
- Corporate Trainer of computerized field Systems and business applications.
- Supervisor of the computer technician team.
- Installed, configured, upgraded, troubleshooting and repairing of microcomputers.
- Planned, designed, installed, configured and managed LAN/WAN in the Florida and California locations.
- Hardware Domains: Installing and configuring network cards (NIC), Cabling (Coaxial, Fiber Optic, RS-232, Ethernet, 10/100 NIC and 100Base TX cabling and Wireless networks).
- PC/MAC & Network Software/OS Domains: Installing and configuring FAT 16 & 32 partitioning, Windows 95/98, NT, 2000 Server, XP, Vista, OSX, TCP/IP, FTP, NetBEUI protocol configurations.
1985 – 1992
Wells Fargo Bank, Bank of California, Barclays Bank, and Bank of Newport: Orange County, CA
Consumer Lending Officer, Operations Manager, Vault Teller, New Account Representative
- Core business development, opening/closing DDA/SAV, CDs, MMA, and merchant credit card accounts.
- Responsible for analysis and underwriting of consumer loans. Managed bank budgetary and accounting functions to ensure compliance with FDIC and efficiency in maintaining branch audit success
Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Master of Science Degree in Management Information Systems – 2001
Graduate courses achieved: Survey of Computer Programming, Computer Repair/Maintenance, Operating Systems, Systems Design and Analysis, Telecommunications and Networking, Client/Server Distributed Computing, Java Programming, Object-Oriented Applications, Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Delivery Systems, Info Systems Project Management, Management Information Systems, Database Systems, Electronic Commerce on the Internet and Computer Security.
California State University, Fullerton
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Speech Communication - 1992
Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA
Associate of Arts Degree in Liberal Studies - 1990
December 2011 Microsoft Certificate of Completions: MS 2778-Programming T-SQL, MS 6232-Implementing SQL Server 2008, MS 6231-Maintaining SQL Server 2008
June 8, 2000 COMPTIA -- A+ CompTIA ID No. COMP10298902 Verification No. ee2dtt1058
MS Office, MS Windows Server 2003, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Project, Visual Basic, Visual Studio Premiere, HTML, WordPress, Java, XML, and Adobe Creative Suite CS4. E-Learning LMS platform Blackboard utilizing a wide variety of instructional technology tools such as Camtasia and Captivate. WebEx, Skype, and Adobe Connect technologies in communicating with colleagues located at different campuses.